Thursday 17 July 2008

He Knows He Can Dance...

...Lil' C is an American dancer and choreographer according to his bio on the So, You Think You Can Dance website. He is also one of the most influential figures in krumping today. The list of stars he has worked with in his 25 years is incredible.

This week he was a judge. Turns out, he is also an incredible wordsmith. He is eloquent and spoke some of the most beautiful truths I have ever heard anyone speak. His commentary was visible and poetic and precise and beautiful. Thankfully, I keep a notebook within writing distance at all times because I couldn't stop writing down his words.
Sometimes, the nail is hit on the head with the most unlikely hammer.
As I am certain he is reading my blog, I say thank you for speaking my truth.

"It's really difficult to locate the avenue of gain when you are being chauffeured by loss."
-Lil' C

No comments: