Thursday 14 October 2010

Fiberglass is F.U.N.

One of my favorite places along the way was one of the only places I planned on going out of my way for! I had read about the F.A.S.T. Corporation on Roadside America. It is this place in Sparta, WI that makes all the fiberglass molds for statues and water slides and monuments and well, anything you can think of! When they have made a mold, they don't throw it away- they save it in the "yard" and allow folks to wander through and take pics!
I was thrilled to wander (Ripley- not so much! She was a bit freaked out!)

So, if you are ever in Sparta, Wisconsin or just passing thru.... STOP!!! Until then- here are some pics to tide you over!







I included the next pic to show you how BIG some of these molds were! HUGE!
Look at this guy compared to Ripley?!?!
I included this one for obvious reasons!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Rhino too....cool place!ox

Sans Pantaloons said...

Such an interesting place to have a wander, with fantastic photo opportunities. An absolute treasure!
Six foot garden gnome anyone?

love, jenn said...

It was a super cool place! I was totally scripting a horror film in my head!

Not a gnome to be had BUT that rhino was life size!! HUGE!